DOE Global Energy Storage Database
Office of Electricity Delivery & Energy Reliability
Enel Ventotene Project
The 300 kW, 600 kWh lithium-ion battery being installed in Ventotene will be integrated with diesel generators that provide electricity to the island by the end of the year and will store electricity for use when there are peaks in demand. The island's 750 inhabitants, which become thousands when it fills up with tourists in the summertime, will enjoy the benefits of a device that:
- Modulates generators, enabling them to operate at high efficiency rate
- Makes electricity supply more secure
- Reduces the annual fossil fuel consumption by 25%
- Cuts greenhouse gases emissions
- Integrates already operational renewable energy power plants, so that the island’s inhabitants can install new ones without unbalancing the network.
May 01, 2014
Jun 30, 2015
OWNERSHIP & VALUE CHAIN PARTNERS
LG Chem Ltd.
COST & PERFORMANCE
Performance metrics not available.
2013-09-12 03:38 PM UTC
2014-10-29 10:36 PM UTC